Talking about Barcelona, the first names that cross your mind are Lionel Messi and Neymar, or how amazing their entire football team is, but let me tell you, there are much more extravagant things in Barcelona. Their culture, livelihood, food are as dynamic as their football skills. So if you were to take a trip in Europe, Spain is a country that is simply not to be missed, and in this article I will tell you why.
Spain is among the top visited tourist attraction in the entire European Union, which is why the tourism industry is very well developed. The festivals, art and culture, heritage, traditions are what inspire tourist from all around the world to come and observe the colors of Spain. And as one of the most developed city of Spain, Barcelona has a lot of things that you can enjoy while at your stay.
- Gothic Quarter
- Park Guell
- Camp Nou
- La Boqueria
- Barcelona Cathedral
- Columbus Monument
- Other tourist spots for those on a budget
Things to do in Barcelona:
- Camp Nou: This is for all the football fans! Camp Nou is a huge football stadium in Barcelona for their team FC Barca, with a seating capacity of almost 99,000+ people, this stadium is marked as one of the biggest in Spain. So if there is any event coming up in the stadium during your stay, a good day will be spent cheering for the wonderful team.
- Gothic Quarter: This is like a walking zone, a huge stretch out in the centre of Barcelona. Famous for gothic art, history and churches, the gothic quarter is a perfect idea to walk around enjoying the weather with an interesting companion.
- Poble Espanyol: This is an architectural museum is Spain, built in 1929 this open air structure displays 117 building showcasing the origin and history of the country. So if you want a sneak peak at the rather interesting history of Spain, this place in Barcelona is your ideal option to visit.
- La Rambla: Shopping time! A trip is incomplete without shopping and getting a bunch of things for yourself and your peers. La Rambla is one of the most famous shopping markets in Barcelona full of traditional displays and items that will want you to buy them all. So go on and get yourself some of the original handicrafts and souvenirs from Spain.
- Tibidabo amusement park: As one of the oldest parks, this beautiful park was built in 1899 and is still functioning despite being one of the oldest in Spain. It has notable rides like the Red Airplane, mechanical figures, structures etc. This park could be one of your long walks in the sun with a cold strawberry slush in hand. So enjoyable!
Spain is all about their traditions and culture and museums are the significant part, this visiting such historic places which have importance are valued. Moreover, your stay in Barcelona doesn’t only have to be all historic, there are a couple of fun things to do as well as mentioned above.