Europe is beautiful. With well developed countries and their even advanced cities, with gorgeous lighting that looks stunning at night, with people warm and inviting as ever, a European tour is always the top on every persons travel list. If we were to list down the most alluring cities in Europe, Amsterdam might just make the cut for being the best. I personally love Amsterdam, been there a couple of times I feel like it has been my best choice for over the years and I’ll tell you why.
Amsterdam is one of the most famous tourist spots in Europe; most of it is because many people love to take a view of the beautiful city and also because of shopping. The city is full of shopping bazaars with gorgeous displays of items that really catch the eye of tourists. The culture has a huge part of music in it which originates many eye pleasing festivals, performances, poetry and drama.
- Van Gogh Museum
- Dam square
- Heineken experience
- Royal Palace of Amsterdam
- EYE Film Institute
- Other tourist spots
Things to do in Amsterdam
- Flower markets: Flowers are what always please the eye, the vibrant colors and the sweet fragrance; thus what is better than visiting the famous flower markets of Amsterdam and purchasing a couple of them for your partner? Make their day by getting hold of the finest flowers in the vicinity.
- Singel: This is Amsterdam’s canal belt, one of the many things tourists are absolutely crazy about. Lose yourself in the beauty by touring the city in one of the boats, emerging from canals as they cross your way. You will realize how spectacular this trip is by getting hold of a boat and viewing the place.
- Van Gogh Museum: This is one of Amsterdam’s wonders; a brilliant museum dedicated to the life, history, work and art of the famous artist, Vincent Van Gogh. This place is one of the most visited places in the city with tourists from all over the world who come and admire the intelligent detailing in every masterpiece made by the artist.
- Dam Square: This place is located at the centre of Amsterdam, if you’ve got nothing to do you can simply visit this place, grab something to eat and observe the livelihood around. There is always so much going around, with street performances, flash mob dances etc, so make your boring day fun filled by visiting the Dam Square.
- Food and drink: The people of Amsterdam are well known for their love for food and drinks, occasionally if walking the streets you smell waffles or hot coffee, those are the little snacks that you just cannot miss. At night, all bars and cafes are cramped with partygoers and they need you! So top off your day by catching a beer in any bar that you pass by and enjoy your time.
So don’t waste your time and energy by browsing places, you simply need to go to Amsterdam and live your life!